Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Fabulous cruise

Sail Date: May 20, 2009

Food was delicious and plentiful.
Room was a comfortable size.
Staff was friendly, helpful and gracious.
Our dining room staff was personable and fun.
The talks on the areas we visited (11:00 am) were adequate but, in my opinion, weak.
Loved the jazz trio - great for dancing.
I appreciated the announcements describing areas we were passing or points of interest.
Announcements through the pirate zone were excellent.
I liked the ability to not participate in the formal nights.
No compensation was made for eliminating a major stop at Luxor and the excursion offered as a replacement was expensive. We had to miss the Suez Canal and nothing was offered as a substitute. I understand the difficulty of offering a substitute but felt like we didn't get what we paid for in addition to paying extra for being able to go to Luxor.

Pros: I liked the diversity of the places we visited. Dubai was cutting edge contemporary alongside the very traditional souqs and architecture. Learning about the Muslim culture was an added perk.

Cons: I didn't like that the itinerary was changed at the last minute. We were on this cruise because our cruise to New Zealand had been canceled by Celebrity within a week of our departure date. I'm beginning to feel jerked around by cruise companies. Luxor - major attractionand, resort - poor substit

Recommends Legend of the Seas? Yes!

I loved the variety of food, dining times were so convenient. You could find something at any time of day. Dining rooms were noisy.
Muscat, Oman
Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt
We walked into town and got lost because we didn't have an address for the ship. No one knew the ship by name or where the Port Authority was.
Don't Miss: the library
Dubai, U.A.E.
We didn't do the ship excursion but totally enjoyed high tea at the Burj al Arab and the mosque in Abu Dahbi.