Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Moderator
Contributor Level: Captain

Nice long cruise

Sail Date: May 25, 2011

This was the second cruise on Princess. We took an inside cabin at the rear of deck 8, just by the door to the back balcony. The cruise was great and nothing with the exception of a couple of misunderstandings on my part regarding the Spa and Internet, can I complain about anything. I started cruising in 2009 to Hawaii and we plan a nice long cruise every odd year. So far so good.

On these cruise ships and any cruise line you choose, one must take everything into consideration. Our room Steward was nothing short of incredible, he really earned the tip we gave him and then some. We found "our guy" for the drinks by the pool, and he made sure that whenever he saw us anywhere, we were very well taken care of.

For the Shore excursions, we made sure we met every time for a few minutes with the security chief on board for advice and information. Therefore, not a single problem occurred. The food during the entire cruise was as expected, but we did use the eggs station at the buffet for breakfast, Once they got to know us and what we wanted it was just fabulous, and that only took to the second day.

For those who want to do the Panama Canal, I would highly recommend it. If  not for the nice long trip, but for the history you learn and for many of us .. remember from school. My wife and I would never have seen the Old City in Cartegena if not for this cruise and it was a real high point for us.

The next cruise we are taking will stop in Aruba. Aruba was also my first stop on this cruise and we decided on this cruise because one of the stops is Aruba.

Reviews are great for future travellers and I depend on the input from people who do travel for correct information. One thing I did learn though. This cruise was a combined itinerary and therefore there are many things to know about them. Internet connection is one. It does not last the whole cruise. Spa packages... check these out carefully...... You may not get what you think you paid for.

If you consider it two cruises instead of one. Restart your thoughts at the end of the first cruise before the second starts. There are different passengers and maybe a different demographic that the first part of the cruise.

Overall a five star rating.

I will add more pictures when I find the file.

Cruise Photos

loved our cabin
As expected
We were so close to the stern balcony, it was like a private place
Eduardo...the magnificent room steward
Danced and danced....and danced some more... Won a bbottle of bubbly
not applicable
More bubbly won...Ballrom Dancing
We want to do this again

If you have a chance to meet the guys at the egg station... they will make you a great breakfast.