It was just ok

Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Voyage Of The Glaciers Northbound (Vancouver To Anchorage)
Sail Date: September 12, 2012
Ship: Island Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
My room attendant as well as the dining staff were awesome but the customer service at the desk, and other areas was not up to what I heard was princess standards. The food at the buffets tasted like generic over processed food... Oatmeal was like slop, eggs in scrambled eggs was mushy, French toast was hard as a rock, fried shrimp was aweful... Steaks at night had grissle throughout them. The restaurant manager Andrew in Provence dining room was unfriendly, rude even, and pompous. I cruise on celebrity quite a bit and had heard that princess was comparable... I'm sorry to say they are not. I've been on 17 cruises and now officially been on all the major cruise lines and princess really disappointed me.
The front customer service area was surly and I was snapped at by one of the ladies as well as I watched several other people have the same issue. Communication on the ship was bad and it felt very disheveled and unorganized. I really wanted to like princess but... It just wasn't that great. Even in talking with passengers who had sailed with princess previously, they were quite disappointed with the Island Princess. These are just my opinions and experiences. I hope they are used help. Constructive criticism is meant to be taken to improve or tweak things into a better situation.

Refer to upper statements. The food tasted remedial and generic.

The shows choreography was lacking\, the talent was just ok

The staff I encountered were not that friendly... However\, the dining room waiter and assistant were professional\, courteous\, and provided top knotch service...

The room attendant Nikki was awesome. The ship was very clean

The mini suite was perfect!!!

Pros: The excursions

Cons: Food

Recommends Island Princess? No.