Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

This was an average cruise.

Sail Date: August 01, 2012

The ship itself was nice and the food excellent but the overall planning for people who are not drinkers (of alcohol) was poor.

Pros: I liked the ports of call. They were fascinating.

Cons: My balcony had an obstructed view even hough I said unobstructed view\, and\, which may even be worse\, the ship on thedays at sea was boring! If you're not a drinker\, there's nothing to do aboard this ship.

Recommends Island Princess? No.

They were fine if you wanted to spend your time in the bar. The movies were few and far between.
This is a tough one. The waiters\, bar staff (where I got coke/coffee) and the cleaning personnel were very nice. The customer service staff listened to your comments and did absolutely nothing about them. As far as they were concerned\, nothing was their fault. They would promise to get back to you and would not do it.
Do not accept room A347 or rooms beside it. While Princess does not say anything about an obstructed view from these rooms\, the view is definitely obstructed by a big hunk of metal.
The food on this ship was much better than the last Princess ship I was on.
Overall I liked the ship.