Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

An amazing first cruise!

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

For my first cruise, I was spoiled! The room was very comfy with lots of room for my stuff, a refrigerator to put our drinks, snacks, etc and a good sized balcony for the views. The food was very good at every meal and they made things differently from at your standard restaurant. Our steward was awesome and always did everything we requested. Our Head Waiter, Waiter and Junior Waiters were awesome and friendly and gave us the best service.

We did the Chef's Table and it was the highlight of the trip! If you want to feel like royalty, this is for you. The service was impeccable, the food was to die for, beautiful, plated table-side and the Chef introduced each course with info on how it was made, the ingredients, etc. The table setting was beautiful and the wine was flowing!

The ship was a good size for a 1st timer and I never felt that there was nothing to do. The deck was spacious with lots of chairs (even though other passengers hoarded them), with the great pool hot tubs and ludicrous-jumbo tv over the deck.

Not too many stores on board, which was fine with me, but when I needed something, they had it for sale. The photographers were really nice and didn't chase you too much for the photos, but were really fun when you were there to be photographed.

The excursion choices were good, but if you have time to research, you can book the same tours for a tad bit cheaper.

Pros: Great service from the steward, waiters, Chef; Lots to do on the ship, roomy cabin; delicious food

Cons: Nothing!

Recommends Island Princess? Yes!

I felt that the ship was always immaculate with nothing out of place.
Loved it all! Lots of choices and great flavor.
Roomy, lots of storage, nice bed, tv, refrigerator, balcony
All real friendly, fun to talk to and laugh with. Always helpful with information.
Only saw one show, but there were many to choose from.