Island Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Not great, but not bad either

Sail Date: December 09, 2011

This was my 10th cruise and my first with Princess. It may not be the last on Princess, but I will consider RC and Celebrity first. The food in the buffet was at best average although there was a fairly good selection. I only remember one sushi night while aboard for 10 days. The specialty restaurants were great, and we ended up eating in them more than half of our cruise because the main seating food just did not impress. Main seating waiters messed up my order 2 of the 3 times, but it was probably just a lack of communication or understanding. I did not like the unavailability of viewing my account while on board in my stateroom. I did enjoy the ports of call, but the time in each was to short, IE; 4 hours in Aruba. What the cruise was lacking was fortunately made up by a great staff. The entertainment was average and the spa was ok. I did not like the idea that anyone can walk through the spa area while are waiting for a message.

Pros: Specialty Restaurants, Staff, Ports of Call, Smoke Free Nights in Casino

Cons: Early Excursions, Short Port Calls, Buffet Food, Not Enough Deck Parties

Recommends Island Princess? No.

Staff did go out of there way to be helpful, pleasing, and accommodating.
Specialty restaurants were very good, but the buffet was at best cafeteria food. Main seating was ok, but I ended up in the specialty restaurants more than half of the cruise.
room was fine, although I could not access my account via the TV, or rent movies.
Nothing really amazing, comedy from the staff on the last day was better than hired comedians.