Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

A security concern and not handled prope

Sail Date: May 24, 2010

steward?

front desk help?

We have demanded action of our situation. I spent 'hours' on the ship to discuss what we saw as a security issue, upon disembarking day our beliefs became a reality. Now off the ship, I phoned to discuss situation (asking for action for the saftey of other)..I was told to write a letter and wait 2-4 weeks for a response. I'm in awe of the insantiy of this situation....not to mention the health risk of the (hmmm virus?! truly what kind?) (can you imagine it was 2ndary to concern by compare to our security issue with the steward and the handing by the purser.....we 'demand' discussions on this matter and sooner than your protocol of 2-4 weeks, Ridiculous to put anyone in this situation.(same as I previously wrote)....I walked down to them 7 times on the first indication of the problem....talked to three of them. they did NOT treat me with respect and talked down to me.

write of who we would say gave 'exceptional service'

call me please we need to chat of our experience....the ones we would have indicated as exceptional serviced dropped us like a hot potato when we had security issue, namely Fransicso

Pros: Alaska and the wx

Cons: the cruise

Recommends Island Princess? No.

a virus? though secondary (how crazy is that) by the security issue steward holding his foot in door, not allowing it be closed WHILE I WAS IN THE BATHROOM with bathroom door OPEN! you couldn't even pick up a packet of sugar. They should have 'mandated' that use of santizer from the get go....so the last days of the cruise were certainly spoiled by the threat of becoming infected...quite a mass change in protocol in the buffet area....
read security issue documented above
exceeded expectations in the dining room
They do great if everyone is happy....they failed when there was a 'little' issue and let it mushroom to the point of 'serious' security concern for us.