Island Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Fasten your seatbelts . . .

Sail Date: January 26, 2007

Room Type: Suite

Other than the rough seas, the fact that we couldn't get into two ports as a result, the medical emergency that caused the diversion to Honolulu where we couldn't stop at that time because there was no slip for us, and the major outbreak of norovirus . . . it was a good cruise! You would have had to like just cruising along, have had no propensity to motion sickness and an immunity to norovirus (as I do) to have really enjoyed this one! The wonderful service by the staff, the excellent food (aside from the horrible coffee in the main dining rooms and Horizon Court--ok with me, I don't drink coffee) and the great ship made it very enjoyable and indeed relaxing. Our waiter in the Bordeaux dining room (Arpi) was particularly knowledgeable and helpful. The comedian Kevin Hughes was hilarious with his comedy about our adventures (as in, "so you paid $10,000 to be locked in a 6 by 8 cabin throwing up!"). I think I will do this cruise again perhaps a little later in the season when the seas might be more calm. But next year it's the Caribbean again for us!

Pros: The service

Cons: The norovirus outbreak

Recommends Island Princess? Yes!

Honolulu, Oahu
Finally got off the ship, and enjoyed the shopping at the attached mall.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Much more volcanic than I had expected.
Don't Miss: Visit to the seahorse farm was amazing!
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Much more volcanic than I had expected.
Don't Miss: Visit to the seahorse farm was amazing!
Honolulu, Oahu
Finally got off the ship, and enjoyed the shopping at the attached mall.