Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Poor Communication

Sail Date: November 23, 2013

I became ill on the ship prior to departure from the port. The staff in the medical center informed me that I would get transported by cab to the hospital and once medically cleared flown back home. I purchased travel insurance through and Royal Caribbean did not have any record of this. Once rushed off the ship my husband and I got into a cab that the cruise line arranged believing that everything had been taken care of including payment and directions on where to transport us. The driver had no idea where to take us and was not paid. We ended up in a bus station with 104.4 temperature and begging the travel agency and cruise line to help us. Royal Caribbean kept telling us to call and that although I said I purchaseed travel insurance they could not help me and treated me as though I was not their customer. gave us a number to the insurance company that was closed. I would never recommend Royal Caribbean or purchasing through a travel agent. I was treated poorly and the situation still has not been resolved nor have we received our money back for the cruise.