Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A birthday to remember!

Sail Date: February 24, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This cruise was to celebrate my wife's 70th birthday. And what a memorable occasion it was. My wife and I enjoyed this cruise immensely.

Our cabin attendant exceeded our expections. He always kept our room spotlessly clean. We would leave the room for awhile and he would magically appear, work his magic, and be gone when we returned. He kept ice in our room daily.

Our wait staff couldn't have done a more professional job. My wine glass was never empty, always refilled at the appropriate time. Service was fast, friendly, and error free.

The shows were very good and very professionally done. The performers gave a magnificant show in each of the shows we attended.

The ship is meticuiously kept clean and polished and a germ free atmosphere prevails. Hand washing is encouraged and bacterial hand lotion is available all over the ship, especially going into the dining areas.

There is one downside I think NCCL should address. Their policy, as I understand it, does not allow pool lounge chairs to be reserved. This policy was not enforced on this vessel. Each morning as my wife and I went for our early morning hot tub and pool experience around 7:30 - 8:00, every lounge chair around the pool would be occupied by a towel, book, or some other piece of clothing to reserve the chair for later use. This is totally unfair to other guests.

Overall, this was a delightful experience my wife and I will remember forever. We are now looking forward to our next curise with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.

"Vintages Bar" has a nice wine sampler. You get three glass of one ounce each, of the particular wine category you choose, reds, whites, etc.