Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointments and suggestions.

Sail Date: October 22, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

My biggest disappointment was the Royal Suite.  People pay quite a bit of money for this cabin.  Although nicely appointed, there apparently no attempt to provide any sort of buffering/sound proofing to deaden the sounds coming from the Windjammer restaurant above.  Between 5 & 5:30 am every morning I was amongst the galley crew rolling out trolleys and moving things around.  Big disappointment for quite a few bucks.

Also, apparently I was suppose to met and escorted abort by the concierge (per the concierge), but there was a lack of communications as that didn't happen.  For me, not a big deals as I have boarded many ships myself, but there are others who would have been upset.  Might want to see where the breakdown in communications was.

Other items:

Overwhelming stench of sewage when entering the ship.   Sure it was port water and not a ship problem.

Replace "early breakfast" on the Compass with "continental breakfast".  Seemed to confuse some folks.

Have a pre-wrapped sandwich station so people can take a snack back to their cabins.

Double ply toilet paper would be nice, but assume single ply is used to prevent the system from getting plugged up.

Better selection of TV channels.  Noticed that some channels repeated the same shows multiple times during the day.  Sometimes back to back.  Shouldn't be that hard to provide better programming.

Would be nice to have a food station of some sort in the pool area.  Something like a self serve taco, burrito, or burger/hotdog station.

Not allow poolside smoking.  Reminds me of the old 5 foot dividers that Bob Evans had in their restaurants, "what's the point".  All smoking should be confined to the casino (and should not be allowed there), and the muster station deck.

Ships announcements could not be hear in my cabin.

One more thing from a technology standpoint:  have TV interactive account capability.  Most ships have this now.  Would me a very helpful upgrade.

For the most part the cruise was fine.  Cabin noise,  and to a lesser degree, port tours could have better.  But in the end, I will cruise with RCI again,

Other items:

On boarding the ship there was an overwhelming stench of sewage at the port.

Excessive morning noise from the Windjammer restaurant starting between 5 & 5:30 am. Some sort of buffering/sound deadening material is needed between the ceiling and the deck above.

Due to the smallness of the ship, timing is everything for casual buffet restaurant eating and the more popular shows in the theatre.