Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Not one of our best cruises.

Sail Date: September 25, 2015

There was no information on inclement weather going from Norfolk, VA to Bermuda.  8 hours into the cruise we experienced an extremely rough ride, there was no warning about this.  The forward dining room was a mess and very few waiters were around for cleanup.  On the return trip we were told of an impending rough ride and were offered Dramamine like we were going to experience another rough ride.  The return trip was smooth, I am wondering where the bridge is getting their weather information, I don’t get it, they had to know about the Nor Easter.

The next two days the ship had time to clean up from the inclement weather damage but we didn’t see any crew members.  I saw some officers cleaning up on the way back.  I stopped the gruitity myself and others agree that paying for something and not getting what you paid for isn’t right.  We the customer have always tipped accordingly.  If this is going to be the norm it’s unacceptable and several people agreed with us.  The last 5 trips, I noticed a decline in the service and quality of food.

This time we upgraded and spent more money to have a more pleasurable cruise and it turned out to be the worse, excluding the storm.  Some of the food was not as good as before.  What seems to be is their attitude!  Is the smaller ships always a training ship, so we never get seasoned personel.  I know you get a rough ride once in a while and this is one out of 13 so I’m not letting this be a reason to be bitter.  The last cruise 6 day Bermuda we had a good time but we see poor service.

Language was a real barrier with announcements from the Captain.  If there was a real emergency the language barrier would be a real detriment.

Very nice!