Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

First time cruiser disappointment

Sail Date: September 25, 2015

The ship is smaller and older, which meant that there wasn't a lot to do (for anyone between the ages of 20-50) when the weather was terrible and we couldn't go in either pool or even out on the deck.  Most of my disappointment was weather related but this was our first cruise and we spent a lot of time just sitting around reading and relaxing, which was nice, but not what I had expected to do the entire vacation. The outside entertainers were excellent but I found a lot of the cruise-run events to be filled with inappropriate humor, which was disappointing. The accommodations were nice , the service was excellent and we enjoyed the food in the dining room and for the most part the buffet restaurant. The biggest weakness in food was the dessert. They were fancy but not always good.  Dinners were always excellent though and we loved the appetizers. The buffet was always crazy busy with people going in every direction so I found it socially overwhelming but the food was fine. The park cafe food was pretty good and we appreciated that it was open almost all of the time. We would have liked being able to watch more movies but they only ever showed pool side and the weather was so terrible it was impossible to be out there.  We loved Bermuda and despite the weather had a fabulous time there. I wish we could have stayed a bit longer since we weren't able to do anything Sunday because of the weather delay. Overall my husband and I had a wonderful time being alone together and we made the best of the situation but we won't be cruising again anytime soon. I've been telling people the weather was terrible, cruising was nice but not nearly the experience I was hoping for, but Bermuda was amazing and so is my husband.

Bring a good book! Deck 5 was a nice quiet place to enjoy looking at the ocean or sunbathing or reading if you don't want the noise of the pool deck. The dining room is the place to eat, although the park cafe has excellent breakfast panini. The pool is super small.