Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise! Great staff!

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

This ship has an area called The Solarium which is for people over 16 - it has a glass ceiling and an indoor pool. Wonderful place to visit with people or just sit there and drool on your lap.

No outdoor noises intrude.

Outside pool area is lots of fun, but sometimes people don't want all that noise. Indoor pool area is great for meeting people without music playing. Not just for the blue-haired set, either.

Pros: Gracious, friendly staff. Really CLEAN ship. Sensational food.

Cons: Wish I had more time. Loved the cruise.

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

When I drew an area to the staff's attention they worked on it within two hours! They read their comment mail and take action. That's great.
Dining room at the top of the ship where every table has an ocean view. Really interesting food. I think each chef came from a different country. Great ethnic dishes superbly prepared and presented. I didn't know there was such a thing as Salmon wellington, but it was delicious. Some desserts are sugar-free and some are fat-free. How great is that?
Cruise Director was not constantly blaring one thing or another. He mentioned a few things a day and then was silent. Lots to do, but no noisy annoncements all day long like another cruise line that just had engine problems near San Diego.
From what I could see the children were constantly entertained and happy. They group the kids roughly by age so the kids are not uncomfortable. I didn't see most of the kids until the last evening at dinner.
Amazing amount of storage space. Lots of drawers and for the first time on a ship (for me) plenty of hangers.
Lovely to talk to. Friendly. Not just the "Good Morning Sir" conversations, but friendly advice and recommendations.