Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

"Extreme Disappointment"

Sail Date: April 26, 2008

This was my first cruise experience and my first time to Bermuda, which was a birthday present and I was very excitied. I have not had the opportunity to travel in quite sometime due to the fact that Iam a caregiver for my Mom and my work schedule is not very flexible, so needless to say I was very happy about this trip. Unfortunately, the cruise ship was experiencing an electrical problem which forced them to sail at slower knots, as a result upon arriving to the Port of Baltimore at our designated time of 12 noon, we were handed a flyer stating the situation and explaining that the ship was going to be sailing later, about 6:30pm instead of its original time of 4:00pm, we would also be arriving in Bermuda a bit later that 11:00am on Monday. Hpwever, things just got progressively worse as the day moved on. We waited in the terminal for about 6 1/2 hours, not actually boarding the ship until between 6:30-7:00pm. We did not set sail until 10:00pm that night. The cruise was very rocky and not a pleasant sail at all, it is believed that perhaps the stablizers were not operating to the fullest extent. Nevertheless, we did not arrive in Bermuda until a bit after 5:00pm on Monday not allowing us anytime that day at all because all of the shops etc in Hamilton and St. George close at 5:00pm. The next day we had to return to the ship by 2:30pm, dramatically shortening our visit in Bermuda, which is the sole purpose of my trip, to see this island. Royal Carribean gave those in staterooms a $300.00 credit toward our onboard expenses, which truly cannot compensate for the lost time in Bermuda. I feel that the money spent on this cruise was wasted and my disappointment is immense. I understand that sometimes there are circumstances beyond control, however, I feel that in light of this, the most important people involved, the customers, should have been compsensated much more.

Cons: The total experience

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.