It was a great get-away!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 08, 2007
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
I liked the ports it visited because they are not the typical stops every one else uses. I got to see and visit places I had not seen before!
In Guatemala, the port is far from civilization and it takes time to get to places, I went to Quirigu and the bus ride was very long and boring.

The food options were not as good and the good stuff usually was gone less than half-way through the dining periods. I had a hard time finding good seafood...

Good most of the time, had a male comedian one night that must not have gotten screened (he was probably related to someone of power somewhere). He was horrible and not funny at all, even he noticed that nobody was laughing at any of his jokes!
But all the other shows were great so they make up for one sorry one!

They do a great job with the kids, all I know is that my daughter just wanted to keep going back!

Definitely much lower than all the other cruises I've been on.

I did not like the ship layout, I really missed the Promenade setup of the newer ships. The ship is small compared to other newer ships, but it had enough activities to keep us busy!

The bathrooms usually smelled bad, like urine, and this was everywhere.
The Quirigu ride is long and boring. It's good history but not for young kids.
Do not do the 100'submarine ride, it's a rip off, nothing to see!
Don't Miss: ????
The best port by far with lots to do.
Don't Miss: The beach, the furthest from the port the calmer the waters, important if you have little ones!
Not much to do in the area... but take a cap and go to the West End, they have beautiful beaches there.
Don't Miss: There is also a well-kept secret water park at a $3 ride from the port and it only costs $1.25 to get in. One of the girls in my dining table ran into it while at a bar across the street from it!!!

Pros: The ports I visited

Cons: The food

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.