Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Smooth Sailing into our First Cruise

Sail Date: June 10, 2007

We chose a 5 day cruise to celebrate a high-school graduation, and loved the beaches of Bermuda. We had a great time on our day at sea, and then a day on the pink beaches, followed by an excursion on a catamaran with snorkelling. Travelling home at sea we hit some rough weather and bundled in blankets and stayed on deck reading to avoid seasickness, which seemed to work. We were able to do quite a bit in a short period of time. The shows were entertaining for all ages, and this cruise seemed to have quite a mix of ages onboard. Everyone was so friendly- other passengers and especially crew. We were so relaxed by the end of this vacation! Spa services were worth the extra- great pampering! We booked facials and pedicures as soon as we arrived and received a substantial discount for having them the first day. The Windjammer buffet was our choice for breakfast and lunch. Even though the ship was full of passengers, we didn't have to wait in line. We also liked the vast selection of fruits and vegetables, food was top-notch and gourmet quality. I would definitely recommend this cruise.

Pros: The cruise was every bit as wonderful as people generally describe them. The trip began as an especially pleasant one because we were able to drive to the port of Baltimore, and it was so easy to find and park there. I hope there are more ships coming in and out of Baltimore. It saved us on airfare.

Cons: With so many people to disembark and go through customs, it took longer than I thought. We were the last group called. Next time I will limit what I take and self-embark my own luggage and get off first.

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

We had an oceanview on deck 2, and were pleasantly surprised at how open it seemed.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Not as much shopping to do in town as I would have done in the evening, although the stores do stay open until 9 pm for the cruise ships.
Don't Miss: Book a snorkelling trip- its easier to do than I thought and the fish are "right there".