My overall experience as a single traveler

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

10 Night Mexico (San Francisco Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 20, 2015
Ship: Grand Princess
Cabin Number: B725

This was my second cruises (first one was years ago on a smaller ship in europe)

The service personnel was helpful and courteous

The food in the restaurants was excellent

the food at the Horizon Court was attractively arranged, but sometimes cold.

The lines at the Court were at times too long.

The entertainments on the ship were okay.

My overall experience is that I did not like that almost everything one does on the ship money is involved. the drinks were very costly. Some free presentations all included the option to buy costly items.

Everywhere I sat I was asked if I wanted something to drink.  I did not like it.

I travelled alone and had to pay double the fare, singles do not get a fair deal.

So I am discouraged to book another cruise in the future.

My stateroom was next to a very noisy family and my quiet times on my balcony were limited. I would have liked to know who I was next to before I chose my cabin, especially since this was my first cruise .

Grand Princess should really consider special discounted pricing for singles who want to be alone in a cabin. Why do they have to pay double? Many travel firms in Europe accommodate to single travelers and no extra fees are added to their reservations. Plan activities that don't involve money.