14 day Hawaiian Cruise

Golden Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

14 Night Hawaii (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 10, 2013
Ship: Golden Princess
After checking in we were sent off to wait for an hour before getting on the ship.
The stop in Mexicor was really not long enough to do anything, and then it delayed in Honolulu by having to go through immigration. We didn't get off the ship until 11:30.
The staterooms were very nice and clean. The TV remote had to be held up high to change channels or volume.
There alwasys seemed to be bathrooms out of order around the ship, especially the womens room by the Vista lounge, A couple of the jacuzzis were also out of order for most of the cruise.
The Scholarship at sea series was great. We reaaly enjoyed the talks by John (naturalist) and Elizabeth. The nightly entertainment was OK. I liked the first comedian, the magician, the pianist, the impressionist, and the floor shows were good.
Some of the staff was always friendly but the majority of them just seemed to ignore you.
I will probably not take another Princess cruise. This was my first, after traveling with Norwegian several times. Their buffet is set up where it does not bog down, the menu was more varied, and the food was spicier.
I guess my expectations were too high. I had thought Princess was supposed to be one of the best cruise lines. The price is higher but I did not find the overall experience to be any better.

Need more flavor in the food.

Trivia was usualy fun

Naturalist and Elisabeth talks were great

Did not go out of their way to help

Not enough working bathrooms

Well organised room

Remember where you find the bathrooms, as they are hard to find when you need one.

The line to get back to the ship on the tenders was incredibly long