Golden Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Christmas at Sea

Sail Date: December 23, 2006

This is the 1st Princess cruise we have taken but I would book with them again. Even though the Golden Princess is not one of the newer ships in their fleet it was well maintained and the decor was lovely. Plush without being guady. I was disappointed this ship did not offer "movies under the stars" as several of their newer ships do, I was looking forward to that.

Pros: The decor of the ship

Cons: anytime dining

Recommends Golden Princess? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
This is one of the prettiest islands. Clean and the people are welcoming without being pushy and I feel safe going out on my own to discover new sites. Captain Marvins water adventures is great! Small groups for snorkeling, conch diving, sting rays etc, very personalized and you see more than 50 other people's feet while snorkeling. Shopping is nice here also.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I like Cozumel but I like it off the main drag. Rent mopeds or atv's and drive around the island, it is beautiful on the other side from where you dock. If a party is what you want...Senoir Frog or Carlos and Charlies is waiting for you. The cooking class at Playa Mia was a very different activity and loads of fun. Didn't learn alot about Mexican cooking but had a blast and the food we prepared was delicious.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
If it is your 1st time go and do an excursion, if you've been before save yourself the effort and relax on the ship. It is still as dirty and unkept as I remember it. Even the beach was not great. I won't choose this port again and if it is on my itinerary I will stay on the ship.
Montego Bay, Jamaica