Back to the sea

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Freedom of the Seas

3 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 02, 2021

Ship: Freedom of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 1282

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Non vaccinated guest are not allowed off the ship at certain ports. Coco Cay was really nice with great beach areas, food, and drinks.

Embarkation

Make sure you have the proper Covid test if your not vaccinated. If you don’t you will end up spending $195 per person to get a rapid test done just to check in and have another test performed for another charge by Royal. My wife and I were traveling with another non vaccinated couple. We all had the exact same test performed 3 days before we arrived. Our friends were allowed to board and my wife and I were denied boarding and had to go across town to spend $195 per person for the same test we took for free at CVS.

Ship experiences

Food and drinks were good. Playmakers was a very pleasant surprise. Good food and entertainment.

If your not vaccinated not much to do.

If your not vaccinated not much to do

Staff and service was great especially main dining room staff.

Very clean ship and staterooms.

We stayed in a one bedroom grand suite. The room was spacious , lots of closet space, and great size bathroom.

Ship tip

Get there extremely early in case you have any boarding issues you will have time to get things straightened out. Book excursions soon as possible because of things being limited they fill up quick.

Disembarkation

I have been on roughly 15 cruises. This by far was the easiest debarkation process ever. It literally took us 6 minutes to get off the ship and go through customs.

Traveler Photos

4th of July towel arrangement Water slide & flow rider Playmakers Playmakers Playmakers