Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sleeping accomadations sucked

Sail Date: February 01, 2015

3 senior ladies and 1 almost as old went on this cruise. The other ladies had been before but this was my first time. Our stateroom consisted of 2 bunk beds and the rest of the room wasn't big enough for our luggage except by stacking them up. Gladys and I was chosen to be the top bunkers. We each had a ladder with rungs about 30" apart and maybe 12" wide. This probably would have been fun at 8 years old but not 69 and 75. After the first night I opted to sleep on the very short sofa  that my feet and legs hung off and after 3 nights Gladys slept with Diane on her bottom bunk. Remember these are bunk beds, not singles. They were uncomfortable and woke the other up every time they tried to turn over or stretch out. Most of the common areas were too crowded and no seating to rest. The food was good but cold by the time we found a table. The dining room was nice but took too long. The entertainment was good especially Rocky and the Rollers and the other stars. The Islands we stopped at were super crowded as 5 or 6 others ships were there also. I have been asked if I will take a cruise again and my answer is maybe one day when I forget most of this cruise and I want to go to a flea market in another country.

Only one we booked was cancelled due to high rough seas

Get a room at the front of the ship. Our room was on the back and we had to go up, over, and down to get to it.