Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Second Mate

Has the WOW factor

Sail Date: May 19, 2013

From the moment I stepped on this ship, I was thinking, "WOW"....and didn't stop thinking it until I left! I had never done a Royal cruise before and this cruise made me a believer. I will never cruise with Carnival again (sorry)!! The children were well-contained, and the clientele seemed more, what...mature? It was less of a college-spring-break feel, anyway, and more of a let's-enjoy-the-beautiful-sights feel.
This ship is massive and the promenade contains more than enough shops and stalls to keep you happy for even an eight day trip. There is a large variety of bars and clubs so the nightlife is plenty entertaining.
The decor is just beautiful and you could spend a whole day just walking around and checking out the details. For example, in just one of the clubs there are half a dozen stained glass windows to admire.
This cruise features more activities (obviously) than on the smaller class of ships. I enjoyed the cupcake decorating class with my older family members and my husband gave the rock-climbing wall and the surf-riding pool a try. You can even ice skate!

This is the cruise that made me a Royal Caribbean loyalist. So two thumbs up for sure!

Cruise Photos

The casino has a few slot machines by the door that have bonus cash dispensers that will randomly open at intervals. We saw them open several times during our trip so give them a try!