Freedom of the Seas June 2013

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Eastern Caribbean
Sail Date: June 02, 2013
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
Overall this cruise was very nice. I have been on better as far as main dining room service and overall cleanliness. Hardly ever saw anyone actually cleaning or polishing except for the stateroom attendants. Costa Cruise I took actually had staff constantly cleaning elevator doors, buttons, etc. We cruised with 15 other family members and it is hard to keep in touch without cellphones. It would be nice to have an onboard cell package. We ended up eating in Portofino and Chops for the last 4 nights, just could not take the main dining anymore. My next cruise will be Alaska but I don't plan to go on Royal Caribbean again.

Nothing to write home about, except specialty dining. Hated Johnny Rockets, staff terrible!

Several to choose from

Funny and mostly entertaining directors

Young grandson enjoyed his "kiddie club"

Mostly ok, guest services manager was extremely rude and one waiter in main dining room rude when asked about a difference in two different dessert menus at same table of three, argued with my adult daughter, got in her face and made her cry

Pretty but needs more staff available, most were waiters in the dining areas

Only complaint was balcony door was almost impossible to open every time

Get to shows early to get a seat. Also loved that the main dining room also had a buffet for breakfast. That's the only meal I enjoyed in there.