Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrible trip!

Sail Date: December 18, 2011

I felt like the cruise line only wanted to get as many people packed on the ship as possible. It was in poor condition, for a ship as new as this one, the appearance was poor. This is my 9th cruise, and the 5th with royal caribbean, and it was the worst food I have ever had on a ship. I came away so disappointed that I really don't think I will take a cruise vacation again. The performers were talented, but the revues were cheesy, and my family walked out on both shows.

Pros: being with my family, the service and the cruise director

Cons: Everything else! I was packed on the ship like a sardine, the food was very poor quality, the shows were adequate

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? No.

I loved our waiter, and the service was great - but the food was just adequate. The windjammer was a mess all the time, and I felt more like cattle than a person. The food in the dining room was better - but the worst of any cruise I have been on.
Several areas were closed for repair and maintenance many times. Everything seemed messy and crowded every where I went!
Everything was so crowded that my family and I could not participate and/or enjoy many of the activities that we were looking forward to doing.
The stateroom was clean and nice, and my room steward was very attentive and friendly.
The staff that I interacted with was the saving grace on the ship. They were all very helpful, friendly and attentive. But, compared to other cruises, they were spread too thin, and had a hard time keeping up with the demand of many passengers.