Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Great Vacation

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

The ship is absolutely beautiful. We've showned pictures of the ship to friends who are now booking cruises.

The bedding was the best I've ever experienced on a cruise ship. I actually slept better than I do in my bed at home.

The service seem slow initially. On the first day of the cruise, we did not receive our luggage for several hours. We could not dress for dinner because our luggage had not arrived. Our stateroom attendant never came in to introduce herself. We meet her in the hallway while inquiring about our luggage.

The shows were better than any on a cruise ship. Royal Caribbean must have hired an experienced top notch producer. My husband felt he could not have seen a better show on Broadway (and we attend theatres often).

There were several places to eat on the Promenade deck. But it was not always clear whether or not there was a charge for the food. The "Cafe Promenade" was open 24 hours. There was a price list for the food and yet we were never charged when we ate there. It wasn't just my husband and I who were unclear. Throughout the week, I heard several passengers ask if there was a charge at the various cafes on the Promenade deck.

The intinerary was perfect. After leaving home at 4am for our trip to Miami, we were exhausted upon our arrival. But we were on a new and beautiful ship and wanted to see everything. The next day was a full day at sea. We were able to sleep in and order room service for breakfast. After 4 ports of call 4 days in a row, you receive another full day at sea, prior to the end of your cruise. It was perfect.

The cruise director is also to be commended. If we had down time it was by choice. We enjoyed every activity we attended. Especially "Quest".

Overall, this was one of the best vacations I've ever had. And... Between the intinerary and the bedding, one of the most restful vacations.

Pros: The intinerary

Cons: Unclear which resturants charged for food and which were included with your cruise fare

There were issues with lauguage barriers. We were not always able to get needed information from the staff due to language barriers.

1 Comment