Loved the ship

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to North America

Pacific Coastal
Sail Date: September 30, 2016
Ship: Explorer of the Seas

The Explorer of the Sea is a beautiful ship.  I loved the common area (The Promanade) where everyone gathered.  It reminded me of a little village.  I was impressed with the fact that some of the inside staterooms actually had windows overlooking this area. There was a few shops and a 24 hour cafe where you could get coffee, sandwiches and pastries included in your package.  It also included Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's ice cream that was extra cost.  The cruise staff hosted many celebrations in this area as well.  We had a really fun 70's disco party.

I could not rate this a 5 because I was not impressed with the shows that were offered on the ship and normally I love going to the shows.  Additionally, the times offered were a bit inconvenient.  Also about scheduling, we had a situation where we wanted to go to Karaoke one night and when we showed up at a place called the Tavern there was a group of people watching a game on the big screen.  At first the cruise director wanted to cancel the show but then he waited and we got a late start.  It seems to me that if this was a scheduled activity in that venue it should have been coordinated better with the Tavern.

I have done this cruise before and did not participate in any shore excursions but I love all the ports the ship stopped at.

Everything else was o.k. but they did seem to be short staffed and I felt better services had been offered on other cruise lines.

Very clean and plenty of storage.