Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Not for us

Sail Date: May 23, 2015

Cabin: 1880

I had heard that cruises were all about eating, which I was ok with since I am pregnant, but I was extremely disappointed in the quality of food on this cruise. It was all very low quality and the buffets just looked like the food had been sitting there all day. Breakfast was no good and the desserts left us searching the ship for something else. Of course, when ever you wanted something else, it was available for an extra fee....good ice cream, better food, wifi, excursions, the add on just left us never wanting to do another cruise because it just wasn't worth the cost.
On the other hand, the rooms were nice, we had a balcony room, and I was worried about sea sickness and didn't have any problems.
Ship was very nice and fun to explore
There never seemed to be people to help when needed, like for reservations we had to wait over a half hour for 2 people in front of us because there was 1 person helping (after I was on hold in our room for 10 minutes because no one answered)
All the stuff we wanted to participate in was going on while we were docked and off the ship.
We loved bruge and paris, neither of which were easy to get to without an excursion, which were outrageously priced.
Southampton (London), England
Getting to the ship was confusing. Asked 3 different people at the port and all 3 directed us to the wrong ship
Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium
Loved Bruges. Explored on our own, but a little stressful getting to and from. Would be nice for the ship to help with info without charging you a fortune
Le Havre (Paris), France
I am giving a bad rating because I was under the the understanding that we were going to paris. I didn't my homework after and paris is a minimum of 2.5 hours from the port, which is ridiculous to do in 1 day. We ended up not returning to the ship after, which was a great decision. We took a bus and train into paris that I booked ahead of time, thank goodness because ther were no trains running that day from le havre, so who knows what everyone else did.