Bermuda Cruise

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 29, 2013
Ship: Explorer of the Seas

We chose this cruise primarily because it only had one stop. I guess we thought it would be easier on us as far as getting around.  But, in fact, we departed the ship all three days we were docked.  If you have no difficulty walking and enjoy exploring on your own, buying the bus pass might be a good idea.  However, looking back, I wish we had at least booked the half-day tour covering the entire island. We ended up walking a long distance from the ship to catch a bus to Hamilton.  Looked around there for a short time and then took the ferry to St. George.  We visited a couple of the local sights and then caught the ferry all the way back to the ship.  The second day we again caught the bus and, on the advice of some other cruisers, got off at Elbow Beach.  Not a good idea.  There were no bathroom facilities, no water, etc.  Then you had to climb a very long hill to get back up to the street to catch the bus.  I don't mean to sound totally negative, but just want to make you aware that if you have difficulty walking that you need to consider how you are going to get around.  There were other cruise ships there also and that created large amounts of people trying to get around at the same time, which resulted in standing on the bus and hoping you were actually going to get on the bus or the ferry. The cruise was very smooth, no bad weather, mostly good food and very good entertainment, We had a room with a balcony and had plenty of room.  The closet was quite large and held everything. I think most of our problems were just poor choices on our part and us not realizing how much walking on and off the ship was going to be involved.  I would not hesitate to recommend the ship or the cruise.

I was not as happy with the food as I have been on previous cruises.

Did not participate in many.

Not applicable.

The ice show was definitely worth going to.
We also enjoyed the café on the fifth level several times. If you are just looking for something light or just a beverage and cookies or other dessert - free - this is the place to go.