Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great Week of Vacation

Sail Date: February 17, 2013

We left New Jersey on February 17th for a week on the Explorer of the Seas. To start with this is our 9th cruise. We had 2 inside cabins, one for my wife and I and the other for the kids. The cabins were normal cruise cabins, small but enough room. When leaving from NJ it is cold. The 1st day at sea was cold but we just did a lot of inside activities.

One tip for any drinker's going. I did the unlimitted alcohol package. That was awesome. It was $55.00 a day and well worth it. I got the kids their unlimited soda and everyone was happy.

I have to say the cruise director was the best we have ever had on a cruise. His name is Richard Spacey and his side kick Frankie was great. My kids just adored them. The food was some of the best I have ever had on a cruise. On the lobster tail night I got 2 of them and I couldnt even finish the second one. They were way bigger than I have ever had on a ship.

The seas were really good with a few hours of rough waters but not bad at all.

We got into Port Caniveral at 1pm which really isnt the best. 1/2 the day is gone so you really cant do the space center or much. We met my father that lives in FL and we went to lunch and walked around so we enjoyed it but the mid day arrival is not for us.

On Wednesday we got to Nassau and again at 2pm. In the bahama's everthing closes around 5pm except for food. We had a good time and walked around but didnt really do much.

On Thursday we Coco Cay their private island. We did a Jet Ski tour that was awesome. Got a lot of sun and chilled out a little.

Ended with 2 days at sea with lots of drinks, activities and shows. Ice show was great. All the shows were actually really good.

Being from the Northeast it was nice to go on a nice cruise without having to drive to FL or pay the crazy airline ticket prices during February break. This was a great cruise and the price was very reasonable. I would do it again.

Our Next Cruise is in July on Carnival going to Aruba. We are looking forward to that one already.

To top it off I want to tell you that our agent from is the best agent you could ever ask for. She finds great deals and does her job better than any other agent I have ever used. To book your next cruise ask for Janet Castro at . She does an amazing Job. She has been very good to us for all our 9 cruises.
Very Nice
Better than any other cruiser we have been on
Small but good
Tip Staff. Most make nothing except your tips. I mean NOTHING!!!!
We were as busy as we wanted to be
Son Loves it. Daughter 13 did not. Need smaller groups not 13-17

Tip the Staff. Bar staff, cleaning and waiters only make tips. They do not get any base salary. They are out at sea for up to 10 months with no family and work 7 days a week. Dont be cheap on them. Tip them over and above what they tell you too. They do an amazing job.