Cruisen to the oldies

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

9 Night Canada & New England (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 14, 2007
Ship: Explorer of the Seas
The Exployer is an average voyager class ship. It is beginning to show wear and there were obvious sewage problems during our cruise.

Did our own walk around, 2 ships in port so it was crowded. Prices are a bit high especially seafood dinners. I think they take advantage of the captive audience.
Did the Peggy's Cove excursion. The wine tour excursion was cancelled due to lack of participation. Bowl of chowder was marginal, don't ask for tea refills because it isn't in the package!
Did the Culinary Tour and this was a definate highlight of our cruise. Michelle is very knowledgeble and the tour was great! Walked to Quincey's market afterwards and this was a crowded mess. Glad I did the Culinary tour or I would have been gravely disappointed.
Best port in my opinion, Did the Cadiallac mountian, Jordan's pond lobster lunch tour. Lobster lunch was to die for!
Only thing to see was the navy clipper the Eagle. Otherwise waste of time.
Only thing to see was the navy clipper the Eagle. Otherwise waste of time.
Did the Freeport LL Bean tour. This is a regular outlet nothing exceptional.
Did the Freeport LL Bean tour. This is a regular outlet nothing exceptional.

Pros: Beautiful weather

Cons: New London, CT & Bostin ports not the best.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!