Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

An amazing cruise with plenty to do!

Sail Date: August 09, 2008

I had little to no expectations of what to do on the ship, because I was a first time cruiser. After only minutes, I was bombarded with dozens of events and activities. Live dancing performances, ice skating, rock climbing, humorous pool side activities such as belly flop contests, comedians, a night club, lively piano bars with talented musicians, and the best karaoke experience ever - the entire room was singing along!

The dinner selection was spectacular! I've never been big on seafood, but the menu is designed so that I didn't have to pay for anything! I tried salmon, escargot, scallops, lobster, and other meats such as duck and lamb! Every dish was perfect and beautifully presented! By the end of our week, we were taking full advantage of the options by ordering three appetizers, three entres, and two deserts each. This alone makes the price of the cruise worth while.

Boarding was also a breeze once we docked on the island. A quick swipe of your room card, and you're the boat. Briefly wait to go through the metal detector, and your on the boat!

Lastly, the selection of artwork was beautiful. I regret not going to the auction to buy some of the limited pieces. Luckily, they were on display through the cruise to help inspire my imagination.

If you are having any hesitations, I strongly assure you that they are unwarranted. The staff was sweet and hilarious, the events were well scheduled and worth attendance, and they even have a child care center, allowing the adults to play in the casinos or party at the bars.

Pros: The entertainment, menu options, and the amount of activities onboard the ship.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

A beautiful ship that had me gawking the entire time. Just standing in the elevator lobby looking over the shops was spectacular!
Everything was perfect in taste and presentation. Lobster, escargot, scallops, duck, shrimp. Delicious!
I can't say it was excellent because it was just a bed, desk, and bathroom. But at the same time, I only slept in this room. Also, leave out a pair of sunglasses, and the attendants will put them on a "towel animal." We had a monkey, swans, a scorpion, and a man-ray.
The activities managers were hilarious, as well as the dining staff.
Perfect way to take advantage of the cost to board the ship. Live shows and singing, great piano bars, a mini golf course, and child care. Worth every penny.
Most times, the children do not want to leave or sides. Here, they were excited to go play with the other children.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Bermuda itself was beautiful. We had some problems with the local restaurants. One had poor service (didn't serve us water or provide enough menues), and the other had too long a wait time. The second day on the island, however, we rented scooters and took our own tour of the colorful island. The beaches were gorgeous, and we could see the fish swimming around our feet. Just watch out for the rocks, they're sharp!
Don't Miss: Scooter rentals.