Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrific Cozy and Friendly Cruise

Sail Date: September 26, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Wow, what a great cruise I experienced on Empress of the Seas.  Like so many Royal Caribbean Loyalty Members, I was unsure how much I would like traveling on a smaller ship; however, I absolutely loved it!  The staff and crew were the friendliest of any ship I have ever traveled on (both Royal Caribbean as well as on other cruise lines).  They sincerely want each and every cruiser to have the best vacation and experiene ever!  Their service, the wonderful shows, the scrumptuous food and all of the fun-filled activities, truly erase the fact that the ship is a little bit older and smaller than what previous cruisers may be used to experiencing.

The spa is a place you don't want to miss!  I experienced a wonderful massage, facial, mani and pedi, and relaxed in their cozy hydrating area, as well.  The spa's staff and manager couldn't be more welcoming, friendly and accommodating.

A special shout out to room service!  They were the best room service attendants I have ever experienced anywhere!  Their smiling faces and enthusiasm to make sure that you enjoy their food and service is amazing and unmatched by any room service experiences I have ever had.  This includes some of the 5 star hotels I have stayed at, as well.

I can't say enough about how wonderful this cruise was, and how grateful I am to the crew and staff of the Empress of the Seas for making it so.  From the bartendars, to the room attendants, to the Activity Director and staff, to the wonderful Guest Relations and Loyalty Program staff; what a magnificient job everyone did with high energy and enthusiasm, as if this is not just a job for them.  Also, don't miss eating at Chops.  You won't have a better steak anywhere on land as you will have at sea at Chops.  Of course, the service is wonderful at Chops too.

I am in the process of booking another cruise on Empress of the Seas and can't wait!  Happy and safe sailing!

Loved my oceanview cabin. Cozy and always clean.
Easy as pie!
Although Empress is an older ship, it was always clean. I did miss the Solarium that all of the other Royal Caribbean ships have, but not enough not to ever sail on Empress.
Destinations and Excursions I stayed on the ship on purpose, to just relax this whole cruise. I do love both Key West and Cozumel so it had nothing to do with the destinations or excursions.
Don't miss any of the fun-filled acitivities hosted by the Cruise Director and his staff. They are amazing and really get you to do things you didn't think you would ever do...i.e. Quest. Loved all of the parties at the Centrum.
Children's Programs N/A
Great shows! Also, don't miss all of the fun and music in the Schooner's Bar.
Best service and staff anywhere!
Scrumptously delicious!
Miami, Florida
I was raised in Miami Beach and am very familiar with both Miami and South Beach. I recommend that you stay in Miami a couple of days, either before or after your cruise. You must go to South Beach, as it is unlike anywhere in the world! If you go to South Beach, eat at Joe's Stone Crabs, which is amazing and a must to all seafood lovers. Also, eat lots of Cuban food and do a lot of sightseeing.
Key West, Florida Although I didn't get off this time, I have been to Key West many times. Make sure to ride either the trolley or train all of the way around so that you can decide when to hop on and off and to get your bearings as to where things are.
Cozumel, Mexico One word to adults - tequila!!!!!!

My biggest tip to anyone who likes to drink alcohol, is to buy your drink package online before your cruise! Trust me, it is worth it!