Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruising to Bermuda

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

Overall this is a nice small ship, with great food and entertainment. However I do not recommend this ship for first time cruisers or people who get sea sick. Also about 65% of the cruisers where over 55 years old. Could be becomes school was open.

Pros: The staff was very friendly and the food was good.

Cons: This is a little ship and you can feel the movement of the ocean. The rooms were small and there was very little space in the common areas.

Ship is small, the furniture needs to be updated,however everything is kept clean.
The furniture is old and it shows. The staterooms are very small. I would only recommend two to a stateroom. I recommend that you take an over the door shoe rack to put your shoes on and lift up the bed to put get your suitcases out of the way.
Plenty of activities if you are a party person or gambler. Which I am neither. Did go to a couple of great shows and shopped on board. Wait until last night to shop, you will get better deals
The food was excellent. There were some meals that did not taste good; however they had a large variety of food. Food presentation was good. I would not recommend the veal, the lobster bisque and the strawberry shortcake.
The staff was very friendly, except for the head waiter Patrick. However the waiter Marguarete and asst waiter Richard made up for his unkindness. Everyone else smiled and spoke to you. I was very pleased with the staff.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Beautiful, beautiful. However every thing closes early. I would recommend going to visit the Royal Navy Yard. I also recommend buying a bus and ferry pass with unlimited ferry and bus rides. A great way to see all of Bermuda
Don't Miss: The Commissioners Mansion