First Cruise w/ Emerald Princess & My Last Cruise w/ Princess

Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Emerald Princess

5 Night Cabo San Lucas Getaway (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 29, 2018

Ship: Emerald Princess

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: A516

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Service was poor almost the entire trip, Vincent and Olga were the only people who provided great service. Food was awful the whole time even got sick from their 4-cheese pizza. Rooms weren't cleaned properly, staff was not friendly. Always had to flag someone down for a simple drink. The last dinner we had on the cruise was great Vincent was helpful/happy and the food was great! Olga was great during our specialty dining unfortunately the food was not.. regretting the $29 per person we paid that night considering most of us didn't even eat it. Did not appreciate how rude guest services was when we had questions about the 5 different holds they placed on my bank account, end result had no explanation, and ironic enough i asked if they would be placing a hold during check in and i was told NO, an awful inconvenient lie. Also has charges on my stateroom account that were not mine, had i not looked into the details i would have paid for them. This cruise nickel and dime you for everything and makes it extremely unenjoyable, would have gladly paid more for my booking to have better service and more inclusive options, first cruise with princess and most likely my entire family of 20 last cruise with them. Not much to do other than go to their casino. One night at dinner (due to a large group, we were split into 3 tables) both the other tables had finished desert and we still had not gotten our appetizers after waiting in line to get in for 30 minutes, and waiting at a table for 2 hours and they did not care to comp us or anything! Had a great time simply because i was surround by my family, not because of my cruise experience.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Ship tip

Don't count on the food being good, had poor food 4 out of the 5 days.

Ports of call