Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Emerald Princess/Houston/March 22, 2015

Sail Date: March 22, 2015

Room Type: Suite

A wonderful and relaxing week! The weather was perfect, the seas were calm and the ship catered to my every whim. Cruise staff were very friendly and always willing to help if needed. Destinations were lovely and offered numerous things to do.

I've only ever been on Princess, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's always been wonderful enough to keep me coming back!
We only ate at the late seating in the Botticelli dining room. Except for the fettuccine alfredo, everything else was very average in flavor. The fettuccine however was to die for and it's awesome that it is always available!! I think they made their pasta dishes best. The nights I chose beef entree's my meat was cooked perfectly. The seafood was also cooked just right. It was the flavors of the overall dish that were kind of plain. Also, most of us thought the assorted potato sides were off somehow. Overall, I have no complaints about the food! (I just don't have anything to rave about either.)
Robert P. our room steward was AWESOME. He was friendly and always around when you needed him. I was impressed that he met us the first time (along with many others) and remembered our names from that one meeting. He would greet us using our names when he would see us around the ship. Our waiter's Sonny and Ryan were a great team also. They were very personable and funny. It was enjoyable getting to know them as the week went on.
It was your typical cruise type stuff....entertaining and enjoyable, but no academy awards or Grammys being awarded though.
I had my 13 year old with me and she wasn't interested. She had an awesome time without any of the teen programs they offered.
If you can't find something to do that is fun for you, then there must be something wrong with you. There were tons of choices to keep you busy all day and all night if you like. I really appreciated the variety of choices and the opportunity to do things you might not get to do at home,.
We Segway'd in Cozumel which was a blast. Daniel our tour guide was super, and the ride was a lot of fun. We rented a beach cabana in Roatan, which was a phenomenal choice!! The cost appears to be somewhat steep, but it is for 4 people, so divided up it was a bargain. It was great to have your own little slice of the beach (and there was security there to keep an eye on your stuff and keep others to their designated area. The fresh water shower and misters over the hammock were some of my favorite amenities. Sam checked on us regularly and made sure we had all the food and drinks we wanted. Having the cabana and all the services that came with it made for a perfect beach day!! In Belize, I snorkeled and my daughter went zip lining and cave tubing. The snorkeling was so much more than I thought it was going to be!! We saw tons of coral (big huge formations too, not just a random piece here or there) and lots of pretty colorful fish. We actually were in the water snorkeling for about 45 minutes which was enough for me, but my sister wished she could have looked around longer. My daughter and friends said the zip lining was awesome, but the cave tubing was pretty lame. Evidently there is no current in the caves, so a guide tows 8 of you along the water. They also said they were constantly having to get out of the water and carry their tube to the next spot to get the next "ride"...they didn't like that. They did say that lunch was delicious.

We HATED the "soda plus more" drink package. It was sold to us as "anything but alcohol is covered" and that is so not the case. Bottled water....not covered. Specialty coffee....not covered. Canned soda in the international cafe....not covered. There were too many exceptions to make it care free.