Emerald Princess/Houston/March 22, 2015

Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 22, 2015
Ship: Emerald Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: D217

A wonderful and relaxing week! The weather was perfect, the seas were calm and the ship catered to my every whim. Cruise staff were very friendly and always willing to help if needed. Destinations were lovely and offered numerous things to do.

We only ate at the late seating in the Botticelli dining room. Except for the fettuccine alfredo, everything else was very average in flavor. The fettuccine however was to die for and it's awesome that it is always available!! I think they made their pasta dishes best. The nights I chose beef entree's my meat was cooked perfectly. The seafood was also cooked just right. It was the flavors of the overall dish that were kind of plain. Also, most of us thought the assorted potato sides were off somehow. Overall, I have no complaints about the food! (I just don't have anything to rave about either.)

If you can't find something to do that is fun for you, then there must be something wrong with you. There were tons of choices to keep you busy all day and all night if you like. I really appreciated the variety of choices and the opportunity to do things you might not get to do at home,.

It was your typical cruise type stuff....entertaining and enjoyable, but no academy awards or Grammys being awarded though.

I had my 13 year old with me and she wasn't interested. She had an awesome time without any of the teen programs they offered.

Robert P. our room steward was AWESOME. He was friendly and always around when you needed him. I was impressed that he met us the first time (along with many others) and remembered our names from that one meeting. He would greet us using our names when he would see us around the ship. Our waiter's Sonny and Ryan were a great team also. They were very personable and funny. It was enjoyable getting to know them as the week went on.

I've only ever been on Princess, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's always been wonderful enough to keep me coming back!

We HATED the "soda plus more" drink package. It was sold to us as "anything but alcohol is covered" and that is so not the case. Bottled water....not covered. Specialty coffee....not covered. Canned soda in the international cafe....not covered. There were too many exceptions to make it care free.