Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great for little kids. Fine for adults--but not amazing given what you pay

Sail Date: February 21, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Entertainment: extremely high quality

Little kids:  It is Disney they do it incredibly well.  I think there is a lot of low hanging fruit to make it better.  In particular, while there are many character meets each day, I was surprised at how few characters we saw.  As a result, you can meet characters, but you will waste half of your cruise standing in line.  This is no better than being at the theme park.  The dinners are a captive audience, why not have some stop by each evening?

Adults:  There is plenty to do--although most of it is around little kids.  Having kids I enjoyed the cruise watching them.  I don't understand why adults would go on this cruise without kids.

Food: It was quite good, but given other reviews I was rather disappointed.  Banquet food is tough and the fish selections generally were dry by the time they arrived at the table.  Beef and lamb were generally well handled.  The Beef Wellington--mushroom was tasteless and the pastry was damp and lifeless.

Service;  Outstanding.

Bottom line:  For the mediocre destinations, kids everywhere, it was fine.  But very expensive to just be "fine".

Just a generic cruise cabin. The biggest plus was the separate toilet-sink from another room with a sink and shower in a mini-bathtub