Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Yep. It's magical!

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

I have been on the Disney Dream so my expectations were extremely high. I was a little nervous to try the Magic. When I first walked in I still felt concerned. The first impression isn't quite as awe inspiring as the Dream. It's smaller and not quite as fancy though still extremely nice. The first day I remained skeptical wondering if I would sail this ship again. By the second day I was won over completely. The service was amazing. The ship was easier to navigate and much quieter. Things weren't as busy and crowded. They had all the same activities I loved on the Dream but on a smaller scale. My one hold out was feeling that the ship was due for an update. It's behind the Dream in technology by quite a bit. Then I heard that next year they are schedule for a significant overhaul and update. SWEET!!! Overall Disney Cruise has won me as a customer. The rooms are well organized. The childcare is truly the clencher. You have this amazing family time with little stress because as soon as they get antsy it's off to the Oceanear's Club. :-) Oh the absolute joy. I really can't say all the things I loved. Great food, friendly cast and crew, so much to do we keep trying to aim for longer cruises because the days at sea are a blast! Improvements that could be made are letting people hang out and eat in the buffet area even when they aren't serving. Having more hours to book your next cruise and a nicer person. That whole process of let me send you a quote to your room four times cause I won't just sit with you was ANNOYING!!! Oh and parents might appreciate a few nights where the 5-12 year olds could play till 1 am like the Dream. Overall I could not be more thrilled that the Magic is soon to be sailing out of Galveston. My drive just got shorter by 14 hrs! We have one cruise booked and are planning 1 or 2 more afterward. Thanks for rocking the cruise world Disney.

Pros: The childcare and entertainment

Cons: Needs a little updating

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!