Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Fun Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

My two daughters, granddaughter and I just returned from a cruise on Disney Magic. We all enjoyed it. My 5 yr. old granddaughter LOVED the Oceanneer's Club and Lab. She would have gladly stayed there from 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. if we let her. The staff was wonderful. The 3 pools were very nice and usually pretty warm. Of the 4 shows we attended in the theater, 2 were outstanding! The costumes, singing and visual effects were top notch. When the characters visited the children in the dining rooms, they were thrilled. The food was good but not great. We had a balcony room which was so much nicer than the little shoeboxes on the lower decks which I usually book on cruises. The whole staff was wonderful, always smiling and eager to please. The down side, if your child wanted a picture taken with one of the characters, you had to wait in line forever, so we opted not to do that. We thought it would be nice if the characters wandered around the ship periodically so pictures could be taken anytime, also, they could have visited the dining rooms more than once. That might have cut down on the long lines waiting for pictures. We enjoyed the ports, St. Maarten and St. Thomas, also Castaway Cay was very nice. On St. Maarten we hired a taxi driver to take us where we wanted to go. I've been there a few times and knew where we'd want to go in our allotted time. I wouldn't recommend this cruise for people without children, but if you have children, it's super.

Pros: It's a smaller ship so no long lines and we could always find a lounge chair on deck.

Cons: I would prefer not to ever have to dine in the formal dining rooms.

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!