Disney Magic Cruise Review

This was our third seven-day DCL cruise in as many years - and while my two children are still young, I feel there is no better vacation available...While we we were slightly disappointed that the regular menus, as well as the cabaret performers, have not changed much in 3 years, the overall experience is, well, "magical!"1. The staff, or "cast members", specialize in that Disney way, to make you feel like you're the most important person onboard2. The children's programs are unparalleled, with an entire deck devoted to them...the children have there own personal navigator, or itinerary for the week... My 6-year-old never wanted to leave...we brought him to the Oceaneers Club at 11 am , and he blissfully stayed there until 11pm!!! The counselors took the children to all meals, and did a great job in supervising them.3. While the food in the regular restaurants was good, the reservation only restaurant, Palo, is a must, and not to be missed. Please note, anyone planning to visit this restaurant with a certain day and time in mind, must make a reservation within an hour after embarkation , as reservations go fast (DCL regulars call this the "ressie scramble.")Ditto for spa reservations, as well as the great in-house nursery for under 3 children, Flounder's Reef.3. As for the entertainment - DCL offers 2 especially great, Broadway quality original shows that should not be missed - Hercules The Musical, and Disney Dreams - Both are just outstanding...Many on our last cruise, 10/12/02, were repeaters. I think that says a lot about the DCL experience vs. other cruise lines. I overwhelmingly recommend this cruise for anybody with children, as this represents the ultimate family vacation. As for adults cruising without kids, I recommend giving DCL a try. Although there are no casinos, you will still find plenty of ways to have fun, and that special brand of Disney hospitality just cannot be beat.