Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean

There was nothing for my 22 mn old to do

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

For being advertised that it is a family cruise theyshould have let us know that the baby was not allowed to do anything because of his age. I tried daycare once and came back after 45 mins they had him strapped in a stroller in front of a Tv crying and the teacher was out at the front desk needless to say we never went back. We spent alot of money for nothing to do. Nothing on board for a child under 3. you should let people know

Pros: the dinners were good

Cons: my son not allowed in pools wouldn't have taken the cruise till he was older. there fore there was nothing for me to do biut walk around with my baby. the daycare sucked

Recommends Disney Magic? No.

I have a college degree in Early childhood and run a large child care center and have in the past run a non recurring childcare center. For the most part the activities for the older children were well thought out and run very well. But more than once when in the room for 3-8 year olds I observed some staff not having positive attitudes with the children and closing down certain areas for the majority of the day not every child wanted to participate in the large group activities and then had nothing to do. wehn upset they held the children at the front door, having upset children watching other parents come and go only makes it worse. they weren't really showing affection to the children or consoling them.
the dinning and stateroom staff were great. more than once when I went to customer service desk with a question they took my room number and said they would get back to me and never did. No one would help with things for my son to do.