Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Disney loves adults, too!

Sail Date: May 01, 2009

My husband, 18 year old daughter and I cruised on the Disney Magic 7 Night Western Caribbean cruise in May of 09. Even though we didn't get to go to Cozumel, Mexico due to the flu issue, it was the most amazing, relaxing vacation I've ever had.
You would assume since it is a Disney cruise, it would be all about the little ones...this just is not the case! The crew does an outstanding job of going above and beyond to ensure you have a wonderful time.
The spa is amazing and relaxing. They have quite a few treatments to indulge in that vary from the Tropical Rain Room to couples massages. This does cost additional, but is well worth it.
There is plenty of entertainment for the adults, too. On our trip there was a ventriliquest who was hillarious, an evening of "One Hit Wonders" to dance to and the staff does a great job of encouraging the crowd. There is bingo to enjoy, a piano bar and many other activities to long to list. Definate variety!
The food was very good. Most of it was overcooked a little bit, but seasoned well and the servers are phenomenal! Since I do all the cooking at home, I especailly loved someone cooking for me, putting the napkin on my lap and quite honestly, just fussing over me. Loved it!!
The cabin host took great care of us and yes, they really do make the towel oragami and it just adds a little bit of fun every evening.
If you don't feel like running around but just want to soak up the sun, it's great to sit by the pools and just relax. All 3 pools have 2 jacuzzi's and often have entertainment on hand. If your feeling to lazy to walk to the bar, no worries, someone will deliver that frosty beverage right to you poolside.
There is always plenty to eat and even though it mimics "fast food", I found it to be surprisingly fresh and good. All food areas offer fresh fruit, too.
No matter your age or interests, the Disney Magic offers a wonderful time, even for us big kids!

Pros: Being pampered

Cons: The trip ended

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!

The food was overall very good. Not quite 5 star restaurant good, but better than what I cook! :)
There were constantly staff on hand cleaning the public restrooms and high use areas. The layout of the ship was surprisingly easy to get use to.
Very pleasantly surprised with the storage space in the stateroom. The bed was very comfortable and it wasn't overly "Disneyfied".
The Disney Magic staff rock!
Something to do for everyone at every age!