Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

could have been better

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

We cruised on the Magic during Christmas of 2006 for 10 days and it could have been better . The ship was clean and comfortable and the staff was good like most cruise lines, but the food was mediocre and some of the worst I have ever had on my 17 cruises. It was prepackaged, half heated up and served lukewarm.The only thing done better than other cruise lines was the private island ,Castaway Cay, which was a great time, and the special restaurant, Palo (wish I could have eaten there every night)
But the one redeeming day on Castaway Cay was not enough to save this cruise. my 12 year old was bored and the rest of my family was happy to leave.

Pros: The characters who traveled the public sreas of the ship

Cons: tThe Food

Recommends Disney Magic? No.

Flounders nursery was excellent but closed too soon
The food was immemorial at best. Breakfast is better at McDonald's and the dinner entries were frozen and heated most of the way.The staff tried hard but any complaints were met with the comment that 'you are here for the kids anyway" For they knew that the food was not very good. The dinner hour(late) interfered with the dance band programs. The child care facility was excellent but ended at 12:00 which cut the evening short so my wife and I had little we could do together.
staterooms were O.K.our housekeeper was very good
staff was excellent except for the cruise director who unlike most wore a uniform and was aloof.The bar staff was good.
O.K but the shows were canned
The ship was in good repair and nicely decorated for Christmas