Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

DISNEY runs a tight ship.

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

If cruising is your thing (and I'll be upfront that I was not, and still am not - this was for my kids) I couldn't imagine that anyone could do it better than Disney. The staff and facilities are incredible. The restaurants were great, and to have your servers matched to you for the entire week is a GREAT concept. However, to HAVE be at the restaurant at the SAME time every night got old. For a kid-themed ship, the pool for the 3-7 year olds was disappointingly small, and there is absolutely nothing than a small squirt-circle for the 1-2 year olds. My 2 year old cried and cried to be in the other pool with his brother (in plain sight) but they won't allow it. Ports-of-call are very disappointing. Very cheap. Nothing but t-shirt shops, chain-restaruants and duty-free crap. If older over-weight, pale people walking up and down the streets with shopping bags is what one should expect regarding the culture of the Carribean, then I guess I saw it. Castaway Cay (Disney's Island and last port) is clean, fun and quaint, but a full ship's worth of people now on the beach means fighting for chair space and making sure other kids aren't stealing YOUR kids things. This was a stressful 5-6 hours. Too many people on a small stretch of beach. OK.. all that said, this trip WAS primarily for my four-year-old who LOVED everything. The Oceaneer's Club was unreal. He couldn't wait to go back.. and never wanted to leave. If we didn't have the younger one... we would have been able to take advantage of the ship's ammenities more. Botttom line- kids should be 4 and older, and don't expect quiet Carribean retreats.

Pros: Top-notch staff - none better, cleanliness, kids activities (4-7years) were great.

Cons: Nothing for 1-3 years. Small pools, Ports of call are crowded cheap shopping traps.

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!

It's unreal how clean and well kept things are.
A little over-use of the seafood leftovers, but all in all, top-notch.
Dont' skimp here... the rooms are nice.. but if you have more than one child, you MUST go to a family suite.
I can't say enough. The staff made it memorable.
4 and older is almost a must.
Again, 4 and older is a must... but the nursery (extra hourly cost) was wonderful. Just not always available for the 1-3 year olds.