Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The best cruise ever!!!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our family's very first cruise. We went on the Disney Magic to the Eastern Carribean. The ship was absolutely beautiful inside and out. The service throughout the trip in every department was the BEST. Disney really knows how to make your vacation seem like a TRUE vacation. The food was excellent in every restaurant and believe me...we tried EVERYTHING we could. I truly reccommend this cruise line for anyone..even the single people without kids. And with this ship being kid oriented, you never really felt like their was a lot of children on the ship. They had their own activities to keep the busy. IT was very nice to have adult time while my daughter was in her group doing fun kid things.

Pros: The ship was ALWAYS being cleaned and you couldn't go into a restaurant or get snack/drinks without wiping your hands with a sanitized wipe. The was a MUST.

Cons: The cruise wasn't long enough is the only con.

This ship was so clean inside and out and was just absolutely beautiful. When we were headed back from St. Thomas, we were involved in the hurricane storm Florence. We ended up being on the outside edge of that storm. We got alot of rain, wind and rough waters. However, the ship was very stable and never really felt like we were on rough seas. There were a couple of rough bumps, but that was it.
Everyone that we came encounter with was very nice, always said hi and made you feel welcome a board.
The service was top notch and the food excellent. You had pleanty to choose from on the menu whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner. You could eat as much as you wanted or as little as you wanted. The staff was FUN and enjoyable. It was nice that we had the same servers at our table everynight. We also didn't stay in one restaurant for the whole trip. We rotated between three restaurants and it was very cool to eat in all three.
The room was very nice and perfect in size. We were in the Deluxe Family Stateroom with our own private verandah. There were only two adults and one child in this room, but we had room for three more. There was plenty of closet and storage space for all and then some. The beds were comfrotable. My daughter loved that she was in a bed that came down from the cieling and she had to use a ladder to get up in it. The turn down service was nice also. The host or hostess that cleans your room also turns down your bed for you at night. They surprised us every night with a different animal on our bed made out of towels. We had a monkey, swan, fish, dog, and I can't remember the rest, but there was one for each night.
There was PLENTY of activities for everyone to take art in. If you were bored, then that would have been your own fault. The entertainment people were awesome and made you have alot of fun. The best was the Pirates of the Carribean night on the top deck. We all dressed up in our Pirate gear and partied. There was dancing, food and fireworks from the ship. IT was definitely the coolest!!!
My daughter was in the 8-9 yr old group. She LOVED it. There were times I couldn't taKe her away from it. She had lots of fun making flubber. The staff taking care of your children are a great group of people. They are very nice and were very good with my daughter. We had a minor incident with her and another child. They handled it very well amd I was impressed.