High Expectations Not Met

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 26, 2015

Having been on a Disney cruise in the past, I had some pretty high expectations. Disney is known for being a champion of customer service and on the top of the their with pretty much everything.

Upon boarding the boat, we quickly discovered that some things we were told to be true when booking the cruise a year ago had since changed. This information was not communicated to us in any way aside from updates to their mile long list of policy and procedures on their website. While Disney did their best to meet us half way, this set a negative tone for our very much anticipated vacation.

In addition to that, service was lacking at dinner for the first few nights. When we addressed our concerns to the host the problems were instantly corrected, but it also made for a rough start of our vacation.

Lastly, we ended our cruise by every member of my family getting the norovirus. While I do not know the origin of the virus and I do not blame Disney for this, it did make for a very unpleasant return and end to our vacation.

Overall, this experience will not keep me from going on another Disney cruise because both my girls absolutely love it. However, my expectations have gone down.

The problem I had is that when we booked, I was told that my daughter who was less than 3 weeks shy of 3 would be able to join the kids club programming as long as she was fully potty trained. However, she was strictly prohibited from be apart of this program. While the nursery was available to her, it does not cater to her age group. In fact, there wasn't a whole lot other than character appearances and the splash pad for her to do. There was toddler time, but the kids in there were too young for her to truly engage with.

Our room service person was exceptional!