Crystal Serenity Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Wonderful Cruise and Cruiseline

Sail Date: August 24, 2014

Highlights:

Crystal Serenity:

The most memorable part of this ship is the staff; these were the most welcoming, service oriented people I have encountered at sea. Every day they went out of their way to make sure your experience was remarkable.

Itinerary:

The most memorable part was: The beautiful City of Barcelona. I also enjoyed going through the strait of Gibraltar. Watching the sun come up, looking at Africa and Spain on either side with the many ships around us, made this a unique experience

Stateroom Experience:

People should know that Crystal does a great job maximizing space. You will find plenty of drawers, hangers, and closet space.

The Stateroom PH with Verandah was plush, warm and very spacious. The jetted tub was relaxing.

Dining Experience:

Breakfast could be in the main dining room – served/Buffet style/or room service.

I mostly chose the buffet style so I could grab what I wanted when I wanted. I also ordered room service a few times. The butler would come and set it up on my balcony as if I was fine dining.

Lunch- Several options here: Pool side grill/or buffet style. I didn’t do much lunch as I was in port most days. When I did it was a quick sandwich by the pool. It was great.

Dinner: Silkroad was my favorite. I tried many types of Sushi. I tried Saki, another culinary first for me. The best thing was the Nobu Box it had the most delicate wagyu beef a teriyaki glazed swordfish portion and Rock shrimp with sauce. It was really good.

I also had room service. Again it was set up for us like fine dining in a local restaurant (not just brought to the room and left) A must try is the Caesar Salad! It was very good.

Prego was wonderful and the main dining room we had excellent service.

High tea: Everyday there is a high tea, with your choice of teas, and finger foods.

A special service is Mozart Tea: This is the same event but on this day the service is expanded. They serve expanded choices of foods/desserts and the waiters wear costumes of that era while, of course, Mozart is playing softly in the background.

Bingo was fun for all.

Do not miss: The Illusionist was a great show.

Insider’s Tips:

Crystal has 2 self-service laundry rooms onboard, Equipped with Detergent, Dryer sheets, Iron Board, starch and all the comforts of your own Laundry room.

Crystal staggers its breakfast:

Early risers- Coffee service with pastries

Main breakfast- Full spread buffet

And lastly, breakfast for people who sleep in 

Cruise Photos

Super clean Very accomodating
Silk Road is a must!
2 women and we actually had space left over in Drawers/Closet
Staff was the very best I have experienced

I said this in my review but dont miss the Illusionist, it was a great show.