Crown Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Girl's Reunion

Sail Date: February 09, 2016

Room Type: Suite

We had a group of 14 women, with just a few who had never cruised before.  This was my first Princess Cruise however my 14th cruise.  I must say that I was disappointed with the overall morale of the staff.  I'm an outgoing person and found that I had to initiate a conversation with most staff who didn't seem to be interested at all.  In fact, I thought they were bored.  Our steward, Dez, was jovial and upbeat.  I had 3 Accupunture sessions and Manuela was incredible.  She's professional, knowledgeable and personable.  Everyone in the salon is also great.  Overall, I saw the cruise director once on stage and once on the TV explaining disembarkation.  Typically the cruise director is annoying in a very positive way.  He/She is greeting passengers, very upbeat, making sure everyone is enjoying themselves.  I don't want to accept the excuse that this was a short cruise.  I have been on short cruises before (3) and I never got the feeling that most of the staff was "in training".  No one in our dining room was proactive.  We had 2 tables of 7  women and brought our own wine understanding that we would pay the corkage.  Halfway through our meal I looked over to our other table and noticed that their wine glasses were empty!!!  Oh my goodness, no one offered to pour wine for them.  We we asked our waiter he replied "Is that what you want?"  We had 4 bottles of wine at our table.  He knew we were all together.  Overall I could only give 3 stars.  I managed to really enjoy the cruise however I wanted to give some constructive criticism.

Great cabin.