Wonderful Experience

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night California Coastal (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 21, 2015
Ship: Crown Princess
Cabin Number: B206

Had never been on a 7 day cruise before my Princess California Coastal Cruise.  I had a great time every day.  The excursions were fun and the time on the ship was packed full of activities.  I really enjoyed the spa treatments.  I had only been on a 4 day cruise on a smaller cruise ship in Greece at the end of the cruise season.  And that ship was half full.  I thought this huge ship was going to be crowded and it would be hard to get good service and that the shows and other activities would be hard to get into.  I was completely wrong!  Really surprised me.  I loved the cruise employees.  They were wonderful and made everything easy for us!  Only thing I didn't like were the attempts to "up-sell" you..buy the special oil at the spa... buy the special Irish coffee at breakfast.  But overall... A WONDERFUL TIME!

The buffet for breakfast and luch had plenty and a variety of food. The formal dinners were awesome!

Wish we could have participated in more!

The staff was very friendly! Our cabin stewart, Henry, was wonderful. He made sure we had everything we needed in our room. Our wait staff at dinner were a riot! Kudos to Peppito and Natalia!

Beautiful Ship

We were upgraded to B504. It was a nice cabin. The balcony was great, but have to admit we didn't spend that much time out there. Too many other things to do. I roomed with my sister and we had more than enough room for us, our clothes, shoes and toiletries. The room is close to one of the stairwells, so it was easy to get to.
The check in process went quickly. We did not use the luggage service. We just rolled our bag on. It was easy.
Easy on and off. We did not do an excursion. We walked around the area around the sea port and took a trolly into the city.
Had to take a tender into the Santa Barbara pier. Princess had boats going non stop, so it made it really easy to go ashore and get back to the ship.
Took the City Shopping and Sightseeing tour. The Winery Tour was great, but for the shopping, once you hit a couple shops, you have seen all of the merchandise.