An okay cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 30, 2011
Ship: Crown Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
The ship was nice. It was kept neat and clean all the time. Plenty to do on board. I could never figure out why they had two formal nights, since each of them was just like any other. Thus, the formal part of it was pretty much unnoticed.

This is my second cruise, the first one done some time ago. I don't know if I had set my expectation too high, but I still liked my first cruise better. Not to say that I did not enjoy this one, it's just that I thought that some things were missing. We could never figure out the purpose of the "Formal Nights" since nothing special was done. It just seem to be a night like all others... and we had two of them. So all it was, was dress up night...

Food was excellent. Every night they had something different and very tasteful. It was ll gourmet food, delicious and served promptly. My waiter was excellent, so that added to the enjoyment.

Plenty to do on board. The theater always had something going on (excellent for relaxing after dinner), My favorite was "Movies Under the Stars" You could watch a movie, sitting by the pool, with the fresh sea air blowing into you face. Movies were on all day long, so it's up to you when to enjoy the movies.

Staff was very friendly. They always wanted to help, although sometimes I felt that a few of them were lost a little. However, it could have just been a language barrier.

Ship was alway clean and neat. The decor was very tasteful. The layout a little confusing. A lot was in the middle of the boat on three of the decks (5, 6, &7) with a few other way up on deck 15 and 16. Depending were you were, it was quite a walk. If you are going to the "Skywalker Nightclub" from the casino you had to walk to the middle of the boat. Get an elevator to deck 15, then walk to the back of the boat, get on another elevator to go to deck 16 and finally you were there.

The stateroom was comfortable. The staff did well in cleaning it up and in the evening turning down the bed. Service in the stateroom lacked a little. They have a small refrigerator with some Cokes and a bottle of water. Staff would not replace the used water unless I would ask them too.
Enjoyed seeing the country side. Took the tour that takes you to the butterfly and exotic birds place. I enjoyed petting the bird. Also, seeing the different types of trees that grow there was fun.
Went downtown on our own. Like all tourist traps, everything was very expensive, thus a waste of time. I enjoyed a nice lunch, eating the local food.
Beautiful island. Beach was pretty, although a little rocky to walk over. However, the weather was nice and just enjoyed relaxing and reading a book at the beach.
Stingray and snorkling. We went on the stingray tour, played with them and then snorkled for a while. Lots of fun - about a 4 hour tour. Our tour guides were wonderful, so that may have added to the enjoyment.
Don't Miss: The stingrays. Must get out there.

Pros: Movies Under the Stars.

Cons: Stateroom service

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!